Cupcakes,Cupcakes,Cupcakes...

I've been baking and decorating cakes and cupcakes since my son was born 18 years ago and now I'm doing the same for my 6 year old and others. I love eating and baking desserts, but my favourite thing to do is create a little piece of art on an edible canvas. Like all mums my days are always busy running around for everyone else so when I get some 'me' time I relax by either baking or making sugarpaste decorations for cakes and cupcakes. For those other mums out there who love everything CAKE I'll post some recipes,ideas and photos of decorations that can be handmade at home...sorry if I don't post every day it's sometimes hard to escape into solitary!!!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Back Home...

Ahhh...so good to get back home....
Left for only a week, but everything's in a mess...no toilet paper,bins hasn't been emptied,washing still on the line and I don't know whether the bed's been changed...don't want to know right now.
So hungry. Qantas was generous enough to fly me safely home I wasn't going to complain about getting 1x dry Chocolate macadamia cookie on the lunch flight.
Somehow, i one week my boys managed to run out of bread,milk and anything that resembles nutritious food. Though there seems to be a lot of empty beer bottles and pizza boxes in the recycle bin.
It's good to be needed!!!
Managed to find 3 eggs,shallots and one rasher of bacon in the fridge ( smells OK) and I'm hungry.
Omellete's are always satisfactory when hunger strikes.

We catch up for the week before the chaos of getting organised for the following week of more travel...Hubbies turn to fly the nest.

To Do List tomorrow... Start from scratch!!!

No comments: