Cupcakes,Cupcakes,Cupcakes...

I've been baking and decorating cakes and cupcakes since my son was born 18 years ago and now I'm doing the same for my 6 year old and others. I love eating and baking desserts, but my favourite thing to do is create a little piece of art on an edible canvas. Like all mums my days are always busy running around for everyone else so when I get some 'me' time I relax by either baking or making sugarpaste decorations for cakes and cupcakes. For those other mums out there who love everything CAKE I'll post some recipes,ideas and photos of decorations that can be handmade at home...sorry if I don't post every day it's sometimes hard to escape into solitary!!!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Raspberry Frangipane Tart

Wow, I can't believe it's Monday already. It's been a busy but fun weekend as usual. I love it when we are all at home being together, good or bad. There's been a lot of delicious food baked,cooked,roasted and eaten at ours. My favourite is always dessert so I will include recipe and photo of a delicious Frangipane tart recipe from Masterchef that I adapted to suit what I had in the pantry.


Raspberry Frangipane Tart
1 punnet of raspberry or 1 cup frozen raspberries
Strawberry Jam

Pastry
375g plain flour
50g icing sugar
200g butter
1 egg

Frangipane
125 g butter,diced
125g icing sugar
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
125g almond meal
25ml lemon essence

Preheat Oven 180C/160 C Fanforced. Grease and line base of 18cm loose tart tin.

Add flour,icing sugar and butter to bowl of a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles crumbs.
Add egg and pulse again until the dough comes together.Wrap in Glad wrap and leave in the fridge for an hour.

Cream the butter and sugar with electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add egg whites and mix until incorporated. Fold in almond meal and essence. Set aside.

Flour surface and roll out dough until 3-4 mm thick. Freeze remaining dough wrapped in Glad wrap for up to 4 weeks. Line tart tin with pastry and leave to rest in fridge for 15 minutes.

Remove tart from fridge. Spoon a thin layer of strawberry jam at the bottom of the tart,then spread the frangipane mixture on top. Scatter raspberries over the mixture and press in lightly.

Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.

Remove from oven and brush with some heated strawberry jam (optional).

No comments: