It's not as moist as the one I usually use but I've adding a few different elements to get the result I wanted.
Almond Orange Cupcakes
1 3/4 cups self raising flour
3 1/4 cups almond meal
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup caster sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
zest of 1 large orange
juice of 3 large oranges
1 tablespoon Cointreau ( I went a little wild and added more)
1.Preheat oven 160 Celsius. Line 2 x 12 cupcake tins with patty liners.
2. Sift flour and almond meal together in separate bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat oil,eggs and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved and mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Add orange zest and beat for 30 secs.
5. Add 1/3 of flour mixture and mix until combined. Add half the orange juice and mix until well combined. Repeat with remaining mixture.
6.Add Cointreau and beat 30 secs.
7. Fill patty liners 2/3 way up and Bake for 20 minutes.
1 1/2 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup water
2 capsful Cointreau
2 capsful Orange essence
Place sugar,juice and water over low heat until sugar dissolves.
Add essences and simmer for 10 minutes or until syrup reduced and slightly thickend.
Pour over cooled cupcakes. Set aside.
Cointreau Mascarpone Frosting
125 grams mascarpone or cream cheese, softened
50 grams butter,softened
2 cups icing sugar
1 tablespoon Cointreau
1/2 teaspoon orange essence
2 drops orange food colouring (optional)
1.Beat cheese and butter until light and fluffy,
2.Add Cointreau and essence and combine well.
3.Slowly add icing sugar and beat well until frosting reaches desired consistency.
4. Add more icing sugar if you want a thicker frosting.
5.Add food colouring and combine well.
Pipe cream cheese frosting over cupcakes using 1M piping nozzle.
Drizzle some syrup and add a pinch of Orange zest.
I will post photos later...